November 3, 2007

Is there such a thing as 'Fall Cleaning'??

I'm part of this Bunco group with some ladies from my church since April or so. It's not something that I would normally do, but I thought that it would be good for me to get out of my comfort zone... something that I don't do enough of because... well, it's comfortable! The big problem with staying in the comfort zone is that you don't grow and you actually stagnate and can become quite unhappy and dissatisfied. So, I became a part and signed up to host in November. I've been stressing about it ever since for many reasons, but mainly just stressing that my house isn't as nice as everybody else's house and that they'll think badly of me. Sound familiar??? Don't want to share my blog because it doesn't look as nice or the way I want to...

Over the couple months I've been really trying to let this go. Recently, I realized that I actually have a big problem with this. I'm obsessed with a big house. I've had a big problem with comparing myself to others for a long time. I'm trying to break this sinful habit. I'm looking at how this house has been such a blessing from God and that I shouldn't have such a bad attitude about a blessing that God has given me. More on that another day...

These last couple weeks Nelson and I have really been cleaning and re-arranging and organizing every room in the house. It's been really tiring, but it's been such a source of happiness! The house is going to look really good and it's going to help so much. I think that I'll be able to maintain it's clean state because I like how it looks! If only I keep Xander from playing with his toys, it would stay really neat!! ;-D

No comments: